How to Animal-Proof Your Home and Avoid Expensive Pest Control Inspection Services
Beavers, owls, hawks, opossums, weasels, chipmunks, raccoons, crows, falcons, moles, pigeons, rabbits, coyotes, salamanders, foxes, deer, geese, rats, groundhogs, and many other wild species are often found in areas where we live. Most of them don’t intend to harm us; however, in their search for food and shelter they may end up invading your home. It’s obvious that no one wants to share their home with pests, so immediate removal is in order. At this point, your best option is to call for a pest control inspection and let the professionals handle the problem.
Prevention, however, is a much better option than pest control inspection. Proofing your home against pests is a much simpler and efficient solution for your problem. Animal-proofing is the most inexpensive and least traumatic ways to ensure a pest-free home. Here’s what you should do.
- Many animals will invade your home through your balcony. Raccoons are particularly good at climbing, and they will take advantage of an open balcony to get inside your home and search for food. One way to avoid this is by installing wire mesh, plastic netting or pull down blinds;
- If you’re planning a long vacation, make sure you have your neighbors keep an eye on your balcony;
- Keep the balcony free of debris, garbage, and clutter;
- Attach tin on the edge of your balcony in order to prevent animals from climbing onto it.
- Repair the flashing around the chimneys;
- Install a cap on top of your chimney in order to prevent birds from making their nest inside.
- Try to keep your garage door closed as often as possible;
- Repair any rotted or damaged walls around your garage.
Unfortunately, no matter how much you try to keep pests out of your home, sometimes they still find a way in. When this happens, you should call (702) 858-9451 and hire Pest Tech – the most reliable pest control inspection specialist in North Las Vegas, NV. Never try to remove wild animals on your own. Give us a call at (702) 858-9451, and let professionals handle the situation.